Using the very latest mobile technology, our Oil Management Unit (OMU) operates from three strategic locations - Dartford, Leicester and Doncester.
Our vehicles have high speed mobile degasser dryer units that pull vacuum, dry, filter and remove gases from oil. We also have mobile reclamation units that re-generate oil. They dry, filter, remove gases and chemically treat the oil to remove acidity and sludge.
As a result, we can provide a full range of oil management services to customers from sampling, testing, analysis and advice, to replacement, reconditioning and reclamation. Some of these are detailed here:
- Transformer Top Up Oil – is sold in units of 2000 litres with a 12 hour emergency and 24 hour response.
- Transformer Bushing Oil – is dried and degassed to an exacting standard of under 5ppm moisture and supplied to sites, in 5 litre sealed flasks, with a six month shelf life. These can be sent to your site by courier for next day delivery if ordered by midday.
- Oil Circuit Breaker Service – we remove dirty oil from the asset during maintenance which is either stored on site or taken to our facilities for processing. On completion of the maintenance work, reconditioned oil is then used to refill the circuit breaker.
- Transformer Diverter Oil Service – we have a bespoke oil handling kit for diverter maintenance, consisting of two portable 2000 litre bunded tanks with associated pipework and flanges. Dirty switchgear oil is drained into the empty tank. The second tank contains 2000 litres of switchgear oil, reconditioned to agreed standards, which is used for refilling.
- Transformer Selector Oil Service – we have a bespoke oil handling kit for selector maintenance, which consists of a 6000 litre portable tank with associated pipework and flanges. This allows the selector compartment to be gravity drained ready for maintenance. After the maintenance work is completed, the oil is returned to the selector compartment via one of our OMU oil processing units, to ensure the oil meets agreed standards.
- Topping up Transformers using a ground level connection – uniquely, our OMU is able to top up most transformers from ground level using bespoke equipment that contains dried and degassed new oil, saving time, cost and eliminating safety hazards associated with working at height.
- On site high speed Transformer Oil Drying and Degassing Service – we use our mobile drying and degassing units to recondition the oil back to the required standards. Testing of the oil is undertaken to confirm oil quality and to ensure unnecessary processing is avoided and quality of oil is achieved.
- Transformer Major Oil Change Service – we connect the transformer to one of our OMU dry air machines. It is then drained, flushed and vacuumed, as per the manufacturer’s instructions, and refilled via our mobile processing unit.
- The Addition of Inhibitor/Passivator to a Transformer Service – we add passivator and inhibitor concentrates to the transformer, to the customer’s required specifications.
- Transformer Oil Reclamation - is undertaken using a mobile high speed reclamation unit. Oil reclamation is a process which eliminates, by physical and chemical absorbent means, the contaminants and products of oil deterioration. Concentrated inhibitor is usually added at the end of the process to restore the oxidation resistance lost during its service life, unless the customer specifies otherwise.
For a full range of our oil management services please download our brochure by clicking on the image below.