A FFR provider must:
- Have suitable operational metering
- Pass the FFR Pre-Qualification Assessment
- Deliver minimum 10MW Response Energy
- Operate at their tendered level of demand/generation when instructed (in order to achieve the tendered Frequency Response capability)
- Have the capability to operate (when instructed) in a Frequency Sensitive Mode for dynamic response or change their MW level via automatic relay for non-dynamic response
- Communicate via an Automatic Logging Device
- Be able to instruct and receive via a single point of contact and control where a single FFR unit comprises of two or more sites located at the same premises.